Thursday, September 8, 2011

26 Weeks!

I'm in my 26th week of pregnancy - a milestone I've been somewhat nervous about, as it was at this time in my mom's womb when I decided I was going to enter this world! Yes - I was born at 26 weeks, weighed 1 lb., 15 oz. and was helicoptered to UNC hospital where I spent the 1st 3 months of my life in an incubator growing and getting strong.

I've thought every day this week about how amazing that is. What a miracle it is that I survived. And now I'm carrying my own child and praying she stays put until 38 weeks at least!

We had a busy holiday weekend - visiting family in Maiden, NC on Saturday, continuing on to the mountains of NC on Sunday to spend some time with my high school buddies Karen, Shannon (and her family) & Cameron. I headed home Monday after packing up my car w/ baby stuff that Cameron has so graciously loaned BGB. What a blessing - for real!

My aunt took a bumpdate pic of me, but I'm waiting to get it so I can post it. I did a HORRIBLE job at taking pictures. I mean HORRIBLE in that fact that I hardly took any! I did manage to get some great shots of Ben & Kari's daughter, Hana. She came home from Ethiopia last month and Ben and Kari are just over the  moon. I'll post pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment