Monday, April 4, 2011

2 Days Late

I'm officially late. I was supposed to get my visitor friend on Saturday - day 28. I'm on day 30 now.

During my visit to Charlotte this past weekend, I chose to tell everyone I came into contact with. I hesitantly stated that although I took a test early on, it gave me a + sign and that I would feel more confident in the positive result later this week when I was officially late. I can't hide this - I am a drinker in case you haven't picked up on that. And when I'm with friends, I don't typically turn down drinks. So I enjoy O'Douls and water over the weekend and was the designated driver for the night on Saturday.

Mom knows and so does Dad, who I assume told Katherine. I would prefer tell Clair & Maria myself. I want to tell my cousin Melissa too, as she was there for me during my miscarriage and I want her to know - even if it's so early on. Family will be visiting from NY in April, so again, we will be telling them early just as we did with the last pregnancy.

It seems to be the same series of events as with the last pregnancy...a trip to Charlotte, a visit with my family - but this time no cramping and I am optimistic that I will get past 7 weeks, get past 12 weeks and make it to a full 40+ weeks with this pregnancy and deliver a beautiful HEALTHY baby boy or girl who shall carry the last name Baum.

Oh how fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment