Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Title Track

This is the 3rd blog I'm managing right now - I have my personal blog that I started a few years ago, my Thirty-One blog for my business and now, this one. I have the settings set to private and I surely hope it stays that way, for now at least. I realize I'm taking a big risk...starting a blog about the adventure Steve and I are about to embark upon to create life, but I wanted to get it all down. Plus it's so much easier to type then hand-write everything and then have to type it into a blog later. So here goes nothing!

Steve and I have never really had many serious talks about expanding our family, but as time has gone on in our 3 years of marriage, we have gotten more comfortable with the idea and feel that we are as ready as we are going to be to expand our family of 2 (my body included).

No one is really ever READY, are they? I mean, you can try to save money to be financially ready and emotionally you can do your best to prepare yourself, but really - are you ever really ready?

Thoughts of this moment that we actually start trying for a baby have cluttered my mind more frequently and although Steve threw out a date of Summer 2011 that we could aim to have a baby in our arms, it still hasn't really sunk in that we're going to really start trying to conceive!

Now - I am feeling that this blog is going to get pretty personal, and I'm okay with that. This is something I'm posting on the Internet anyway, isn't it? So I'll open up the with this - August was the 1st month that Steve and I stopped using protection. It still boggles my mind that there are only a few days in the month that you are able to conceive a child! There are changes a woman's body experiences throughout the month that clue her in as to when the oven is preheated and you're ready to throw the buns in! I've tried to be in tune with my body and observe these changes, but dude - for August - I wasn't in tune! So only time will tell if anything has started baking in my oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment