For the 1st time in my LIFE, I took a pregnancy test last night. I was going to hold out until next week when my monthly visitor is supposed to pay a visit, but I jumped the gun and decided to take one last night. I didn't do it exactly right, so maybe it's wrong, but I don't think so. I don't have any signs outside of the ordinary for how my body feels, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate. So - we'll keep on trying! It's only our 1st time trying anyway - so I'm not discouraged. I've tried to prepare myself that it could happen right away, or it could take some time. We've had plenty of friends who haven't been able to get pregnant right away and others who could just look at their spouse and BAM - pregnant! Well, not really - but it seemed like it was that easy.
I can't help but think about how this time 2 years ago, when a group of us were in Boone, NC for our friend Raven's wedding, my friend Heather and her husband were trying to conceive. They had just started trying and she was so discouraged that she hadn't gotten pregnant on the 1st try. I told her it would happen when the time was right, that she had to have faith and it would be okay - and then the next month, she passed away. I think of that often - about how much HARDER that would have been for her husband to not only have lost his wife, but their unborn baby as well. Breaks my heart - and I'm missing Heather dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment