Thursday, August 15, 2013

Prayers for a Friend - 8.15.13

One of my dear friends had her 8 week pregnancy appointment today and sadly found out via ultrasound that the baby stopped thriving around 5 weeks gestation. She is hoping her body will take care of this naturally. Lifting her up in my prayers. My heart hurts for her and her family. :-(

Pregnancy is so scary. There are so many unknowns. My friend has a strong faith and good attitude about it. She believes, just as I do, that everything really does happen for a reason.

I try to remain optimistic and feel that I'm much less stressed about this pregnancy than I was with AG. Likely because my pregnancy with AG was following a miscarriage, so I was on high alert. But I do have some not-so-positive thoughts about this pregnancy that creep into my mind and I pray daily that I have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. This is in God's hands. This is His doing. His creation. I am blessed to carry a baby in His name. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment