2 nights ago, Aubrey and I were in her room playing before bedtime. I was waiting on my awesome neighbor Jen to come over and look at something medically related with Aubrey, so I had her stripped down to her diaper. She was talking away and I wanted to try and capture it on video. Of course once I hit record, she pretty much stopped, but I kept recording what she was doing anyway.
Jen came over, checked out AG and we let her play some more while we talked. She was all over the place, here and there, and at one point she was standing at the door. She turned around and just started walking! We've been waiting for this. A few months ago, she would throw tantrums if you didn't help her walk. She could do it, assisted with one hand or even one finger!! But she wouldn't let go. Then she decided, "walking is for the birds!" and back to crawling she went. We did capture her taking 10 steps just after her 1st birthday.
That video is here:
First Steps
She's been content with crawling for a month, at least, but she has been standing independently more frequently. And of course she's been walking assisted all over the place - using the couch, her zebra walking toy...anything that will give her some assistance.

She "walked" 2-3 more times and I even called Steve upstairs to witness it - and he did. It was very exciting!
I don't have her walking on video yet, but i DO have the video of her JUST BEFORE she took those wonderful steps on her own.
The video is pretty boring, I won't lie. Enjoy!
Just before you decided to walk!
Jen came over, checked out AG and we let her play some more while we talked. She was all over the place, here and there, and at one point she was standing at the door. She turned around and just started walking! We've been waiting for this. A few months ago, she would throw tantrums if you didn't help her walk. She could do it, assisted with one hand or even one finger!! But she wouldn't let go. Then she decided, "walking is for the birds!" and back to crawling she went. We did capture her taking 10 steps just after her 1st birthday.
That video is here:
First Steps
She's been content with crawling for a month, at least, but she has been standing independently more frequently. And of course she's been walking assisted all over the place - using the couch, her zebra walking toy...anything that will give her some assistance.

She "walked" 2-3 more times and I even called Steve upstairs to witness it - and he did. It was very exciting!
I don't have her walking on video yet, but i DO have the video of her JUST BEFORE she took those wonderful steps on her own.
The video is pretty boring, I won't lie. Enjoy!
Just before you decided to walk!
No comments:
Post a Comment