Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"What time is it?"

Mother's Day 2012
My first Mother's Day.
A great one spent with Steve & Aubrey (in the AM) and then with my mom. Steve surprised me Sunday morning with a card & a new watch - a combo "push present" and Mother's Day gift. This thing was a little pricey! But absolutely beautiful. We're going to have Aubrey's name & birthdate engraved on the back - but it takes 2 weeks and I wanted to wear it for a while...show it off! Every so often Steve would ask "what time is it"? I would easily forget that I now had a watch and I could tell him what time it was. I haven't worn a watch in years so I certainly wasn't used to being able to quickly glance down at my wrist to tell the time! He asked me when we were on the phone too later that night and I totally said I had no idea. Then it hit me. I HAVE A WATCH! I glance down at it often now. Just to admire it. But back to Mother's Day...
We had McDonald's for breakfast. :-) Hotcakes and sausage w/ hashbrowns & OJ! Then Steve helped me pack up the car to head to mom's. Mom, Aubrey & I were going to the beach for a week. Have I mentioned how awesome my husband is? Yeah - he let me steal our daughter away and go to the beach. for the week. with my mom. And it was great! We missed Steve terribly but there's nothing like some beach therapy to take all your cares away!
It was a special treat to be spending Mother's Day with my daughter and my mom. Mom and I don't always see each other on Mother's Day so it was nice. We exchanged gifts at the beach and toasted to the day.
Now I just need to figure out what in the world I'm going to get Steve for Father's Day! hmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment