The injection instructions say to lay down when giving the injections. I've been giving them while standing and wonder if it really matters. But last night I decided to do it laying down and I was right back to last Thursday night, struggling to jab the needle in my stomach and Steve was offering to do it for me. I didn't lay there for an hour this time, but I did start to cry while anticipating the slight pain that I feel when the needle goes in.
I became overwhelmed, thinking about how this is going to be a long road ahead of us. Every night and every morning, giving myself a shot. I know this is minimal compared to what some women have to go through to even conceive a child. I found out over the weekend that one of my friends from college is also pregnant (she is the 3rd friend to inform us that she is expecting this year) and is taking Lovenox shots too! She actually had a DVT a few years ago while traveling. Our dosage is a bit different - she only has to give herself a shot once a day and her doc hasn't mentioned anything about not going past 39 weeks, so that is definitely a question I want to raise next time I visit the doctor - why the concern not to pass 39 weeks?
But I am blessed. I'm blessed to be going to a practice that is looking out for what is best for my health and the baby. And I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment