When Steve and I were meeting with the NP (we call her whoopi b/c she has dreads like whoopi goldberg), we were discussing what drinks to consume b/c I'm having a hard time even getting water down and I know I need to stay hydrated. A conversation ensued that sounded something like this:
Me: What about gatorade? I know it's high in sugar so I should probably watch how much I consume.
Whoopi: Yes, that is fine but you want to make sure you watch it b/c you can easily gain weight drinking that. It is good if you're not keeping anything down b/c it can replenish electrolytes and such.
Me: okay - I'm not throwing up so I'll just be careful with how much I drink.
Steve: Yeah, when I was addicted to coke I put on a lot of weight.
Me: (to Whoopi): coke the drink, not the drug.
Whoopi: (laughter) i figured that was the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment