Thursday, May 5, 2011

Breathe a Sigh of R-E-L-I-E-F!

Look at those cute little legs!
This morning Steve and I went to my first OB appointment (which I've mentioned was happening, oh I don't know, 1,000 times in previous posts). I am happy to report that baby baum looks GOOD! Baby is measuring right on track - 8 weeks, 5 days, due on December 10th.

This was my 1st visit with my new practice and it was a long, but thorough visit. In explaining my health history and family history, this practice feels that with my Factor V Leiden genetic disorder, I should be on blood thinners and will need to give myself daily injections (or have Steve do it)...so there will probably be some bruising on my belly - but if it helps this pregnancy go smoothly, then I'm all for it! My previous practice felt I only needed to take a baby aspirin daily (as did the high-risk doctor I met with) but this just goes to show that all practices are different in the way they want to handle my Factor V. They do not want me to pass 39 weeks either - so if baby baum doesn't come early on his/her own, they will have to induce. Here's to praying for an early delivery (within safe reason, of course). I want my body to do this on it's own and not have the help of medication to push it along.

I start my shots tonight - eek!

I felt such a sense of relief after going to the doctor and confirming baby baum is thriving and growing. The heartbeat was beating at 171 bpm - a strong heartbeat.

yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment