That is the question. We've only been trying for one month, and that was an unsuccessful month. Which is okay - I'm trying to keep my hopes in check and remind myself that just b/c we conceived the 1st month of trying last time, doesn't mean that we will conceive immediately this time around. But you see, next month is Girls Weekend. A weekend at the beach with a group of girls from college and this is our 9th year going! We go twice/year and although not everyone consumes the adult beverages, I'm one that never turns one down.
This year, I have to figure out if I want to take a break from trying for one month so I can consume alcohol w/o concern that there is a baby in my womb or not take a break and not consume alcohol b/c there very well may be a baby in my womb! I will only be 2 weeks along (really 4 b/c of the whack way that pregnancy weeks are calculated) but I will be too early for a pregnancy test to detect a pregnancy. So I won't want to compromise the pregnancy by being irresponsible and drinking.
It's interesting - I hadn't mentioned these thoughts I've been having to Steve b/c part of me thinks it is ridiculous that I'm even THINKING these thoughts, but the other night he asked if I wanted to not try this month so I could drink at Girls Weekend.
Is drinking more important to me than conceiving a baby? No, it's not, but we're only one month in to trying and I guess I think that taking our 2nd month of trying off isn't too bad. Is it? Or Is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment