Well - sad news to report - baby baum stopped thriving at 7 weeks. So the extra 4 when I thought I was pregnant and growing a baby, I wasn't. But my body still thought I was and I kept eating like I was...
so I wanted to share the email I sent to my friends which sums up what has happened. Steve and I will get back on the baby making wagon as soon as we can and we are believing that a baby will be in our arms when the time is right.
Here is the email:
Hello Friends
I was really hoping this email would be on a happier note, but instead I have to share some sad news.
Back in September, Steve and I found out we were going to have a baby - due May 25th. I wanted to keep the news to ourselves until the common 12 week mark, although in hindsight, I'm thinking it really doesn't matter. This email was supposed to be our announcement of our pregnancy with a picture of the most recent ultrasound of baby baum, but as I'm sure you have all figured out by now, the outcome is not as happy and exciting.
Saturday I started having some mild cramping that led to more frequent cramping on Sunday accompanied with blood - not usually a good sign but sometimes ends up being okay. We had our 12 week appointment scheduled for Monday at 3:30pm, but as the cramping became more and more uncomfortable as Sunday night progressed, I ended up calling the on-call doctor at 3:30am. She told me I could come in 1st thing in the morning on Monday and get worked in, b/c it did, in fact, sound like I was miscarrying.
So Monday morning, Steve and I headed into Raleigh to the doc and we were worked in right away. The doc did an ultrasound and confirmed the baby had stopped growing and there was no heartbeat. The baby stopped growing the week after we went in for our 1st appt where we were able to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound monitor...but that little heart just stopped beating around 7 weeks.
Although this loss hurts, it is comforting to know that everything happens for a reason and God has a plan for us to have a baby when the time is right. I think seeing a blueberry sized baby on the ultrasound monitor made it just a little easier to process than seeing the profile of an 11 week baby and has helped in the healing, knowing we lost baby baum so early in the pregnancy. Of course no time is a good time to lose a baby and it will always hurt.
So next time, I'll probably inform you all that we got a positive pregnancy test and we'll move forward from there. :-) and you can share with us in the excitement and the unknowns and if we miscarry again, we will have you all there with us to help heal the hurt.
I took yesterday and today off of work, as I have decided to let the miscarriage run it's course with no surgery or medication to kick my body into high miscarry gear...it's been pretty uncomfortable and i'm relying heavily on advil, heating pads, lots of water and love from Steve and Mama Jo to help me get through this.
I look forward to our next opportunity to conceive a baby and although I know I will be fearful, I know that one day, we will have a beautiful baby baum to hold in our arms! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Love to you all!!
--
Erin
I will continue reporting on our road to conception and pray that our next baby makes it to full-term!
No comments:
Post a Comment